A Facebook status from a few days ago…
People ask how I manage to constantly pump out original, high quality content five days a week right here at NO MORE HOLDING BACK (and thanks for the compliment, folks!).
1. I know what the benefits are of being consistent, and they outweigh the pain in the assedness of the time and effort.
2. I keep my eyes open to what’s going on around me.
3. I read…books, articles, other high quality blogs. I distill the ideas down and use my own experience to “Hochmanize” them. And I give credit where credit is due.
4. I keep my eyes and ears open for good stuff to share…always.
5. I engage with people..on Facebook, on Twitter, right here at No More Holding Back, a few other places. I jam back and forth with them, and some of those jams get turned into blog posts and videos. In fact, this very blog post started out as a status on Facebook!
6. I take risks…do stuff that’s uncomfortable but rewarding. It’s not for the writing…it’s for the life experiences. But it gives me a whole bunch of new experiences to write about.
7. I don’t worry about what other people will think of me. I screen out criticism when it comes from people who don’t have my best interests at heart, and embrace it from people who do.
8. Once the idea is there, I IMMEDIATELY document it. I either type it, write it on whatever is available (including toilet paper, more than once), or speak it into my iPhone. I’ve written whole blog posts from the voice to text recorder on the iPhone 5. It’s the greatest tool any writer ever had.
Whether it’s blogging, videos, SEO, cold calling prospects…whatever…
Figure out what you want, what the end result will be…and go after it like a wild dog.
That was the whole status, including some of the comments I put on after the original post.
So Number 9 would be…take some good statuses and turn them into blog posts!
Seriously…if you keep your eyes on the prize…if you’re always thinking about what you want…and what you have, you’ll always be able to put the two of them together and come up with something really good.
Try that in your life. See how it works!