In the last post I told you I would tell you what others thought about AFFIRMATIONS.
If you didn’t read it yet, I suggest you CLICK HERE first, just to get an idea of where I stand on it. See if it matches your beliefs.
I also told you I would give you a way to make affirmations real and lasting, whether you believe in them or not.
And now I’m gonna deliver!
Lots of good and interesting responses to the following question….
AFFIRMATIONS…Great tool for self help? Exercise in self-delusion?
Something else all together? What say you?
Here are some of the highlights…
*** *** ***
* A great method to take a little time to center and positively energize the Self… and ” rippling” ever outward!
* Depends on whether, or not, you listen to your heart or your ego. Honestly, at certain points in my life, I’ve listened to both… nowadays, I’m only listening to one… and it fits with the core of my beliefs and so I am happy and at peace.
* Great for staying positive and keeping your energy up. Useless if you never ACT in their direction.
* Affirmations are fine if you take action after the Affirmation.
* I see no problem with telling yourself good things. Can be a powerful tool for focusing thoughts and intentions and is especially powerful when coupled with taking action.
* I think many are delusional about Affirmations…. just repeat this phrase over and over and it will come true. Big waste of time, IMHO. BUT…. if you tie that affirmation to a STRONG emotion and then take action towards it (as others here have said), then they can be powerful.
* I use affirmations daily and I have considered them to be very powerful in programming and keeping my mind focused to what I want my life and future to be. In my opinion its the best first steps toward using the Law of Attraction in a positive way.
* What we focus on expands!
* Affirmations are empty unless they are imbued with the power of the heart…the heart center vibrates at 5000x magnetic resonance as the mind
* Affirmations are the daily fiber of our mental diet. ;-D
* Our subconscious minds are influenced by our five senses… ergo hearing the affirmations we say heavily influences our destiny… so make sure they’re outrageously positive.
* Good for self confidence and motivation. BUT you still need to do the work to make them come true….
…and certainly the most entertaining answer…
* Are hammers good or bad? It depends, in the hands of a psycho are a very dangerous weapon, in the hands of a skilled craftsman can build beautiful things, homes included. If the affirmations are said emptily with no emotion is just a poor attempt at lying to oneself. If it is used along another deeper technique like BLS, affirmations can be a good support method to internalize a new belief or correct a wrongful pattern, only used properly. If not used properly is just like self help masturbation. Did I pull the rug?
*** *** ***
Well, there you have it! Definitely a mixed bag. Lots of belief in their power. Lots of doubt about whether or not they are just around to make you feel better.
And…you know which side of the argument I come down on!
Now before you go firing off “nastygrams” at me for my position, let me give you the first step to make sure your affirmations will work.
It’s part of what I teach in both the book and audio versions of HOW TO RECEIVE. So you’re kinda getting a cool bonus.
1. Think of something that makes you really, really really happy! Could be the obvious things, like the birth of a child, or the first time you fell in love, or a surprise party. Hold that thought, and several others just like it from your past, for at least 17 seconds.
I’m going to give you the other two steps next time I blog. Sure, I can give them all to you now. But if you’re like most people, you’re going to jump ahead to see the last step before you’ve mastered the first one.
So for now, just practice Step One.
Of course if you’re really eager, you can always pick up the ebook or audio versions of HOW TO RECEIVE. It’s all there, and very possibly the beginning of the next and greatest phase of your life.
After reading this, what do you think of affirmations? Please comment below and let us know!