Some profound stuff from the first couple of weeks of 2014. See what works for you!
1. There is a MONSTER difference between deliberately being oppositional and pissing people off to show you don’t care what “society” thinks…and just living and doing things the ways you enjoy and not factoring in the need for approval from others.
One ties up your energy as much as being dependent on others’ approval. The other is beautiful.
2. I see a lot of posts and statuses that worry and complain about what society thinks. Usually, I just zip over to the shortcut which is to not think about it.
3. Life is a marathon, not a sprint. But you still have to take that first step.
4. It’s amazing what you hear when you listen…because you’re paying more attention, and people are more likely to tell you stuff, because you’re…ya know…listening!
5. Someone asked the other day…”how do I separate myself from my mistakes?”
Answer: You DON’T.
You celebrate them as a sign you’re in motion. You own them just as much as you own the success. You separate yourself from other people’s judgment. That belongs to them, not you.
6. A Fitness Truth Bomb, from DeAnna Dimmitt…
There is a question that we must ask ourselves on a daily basis and that is whether or not we are using our resources in a productive manner or do we use them to perpetuate a state of emotional, physical and spiritual crisis. No money for gym membership but plenty of money for beer and junk food? No time to exercise but all the time in the world for self loathing?
At the end of the day, I can’t tell you what it is, only you know the truth of your own matter. All I can do is ask you to look and be honest about what you see.
7. A Team Building/Marketing Truth Bomb, from Diane…
Riddle me this Batman…
Why would you want to teach your team marketing techniques that take weeks if not months to learn?
Beginner techniques should work within a few days to get the new people excited and advanced techniques should be reserved for those that already have a team and a check going.
Take them from Freshmen to graduate students…
You don’t try to put a freshman into advanced astrophysics with side of calculus…
That’s just a recipe for failure.
8. A Confidence Truth Bomb from Franco Gonzalez…
If you assume and believe you need another person’s “permission” or “blessing” to improve your business and your life, you’re already behind the 8 ball. Period. Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.
9. A New Years Resolution truth bomb from Joel Comm...
What resolutions are you making for the coming year? Are you wholeheartedly, fully-committed to seeing them through? If not, you are setting yourself up for failure. It will make for great water cooler talk about how your have broken your resolutions.
What you REALLY need for the coming year is a REVOLUTION.
What do you really want to accomplish? How badly do you want it? What sacrifices will you make to get there? And do you believe that you will get there or are you just going to try?
When you make a decision and can visualize it as good as done (and believe that to be the case), you have won the hardest part of the battle. Believing it with your whole heart (because the result is what your whole heart really longs for) is the hardest part of the battle. The rest is just following through on what you already knew you were going to do.
10. A Medical Truth Bomb from Dr. Elana Miller
Love is…Holy shit, I have cancer.
Love is when I feel an urgent desire to get well so I can continue doing the work I am meant to do, here online and through my connections with patients, promoting a positive and integrative view of psychiatry, a field I care so much for. I will get well for me, but I will get well for you, too.
Love is when I realize my passion for life far supersedes my fear of this illness or its treatment.
Love is when I know this cancer will hurt, and will make me sick, but it will not kill me. Love is too strong not to live for.
I am here for love.
11. And one final Positive Energy Truth Bomb from me…
Sitting by the pool at the resort. A stern looking man walks by. We make eye contact. His face relaxes into a smile and he says, “Happy New Year.”
I like people.
Your Turn! Got any Truth Bombs of your own you’d like to share? Post them in the comment section. Someone is waiting for your wisdom to go BOOM all over them!